Training & Exercise
An educated and trained citizen is the best defense in any emergency preparedness response and recovery strategy. This site provides various training opportunities for first responder personnel in public safety, emergency management, and homeland security. Check this page often for updated events and training opportunities being offered throughout the County and the region.
- Incident Command Training (ICS). Register by linking to National Capital Region NIMS Officers website.
- WebEOC. This is a one-day entry level class designed to teach new WebEOC users how to effectively use and operate the application. Participants will gain a basic understanding of how WebEOC can be used to support all phases of management during a major emergency, disaster, exercise, or event. Also serves as a refresher course.
- CERT. The CERT program educates participants about how to prepare for hazards that may impact their communities and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations.
- CPR/First Aid.
- Community Presentations: Have a member of Prince George’s County OEM talk to your community group about how to better prepare for emergencies. This presentation is appropriate for homeowners associations, civic groups, businesses, and faith-based groups. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- American Red Cross. The American Red Cross (National Capital Region) offers numerous trainings including CPR/AED and First Aid. http://www.redcross.org/ux/take-a-class
- Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA): Database of all MEMA coordinated, sponsored and/or led training and exercises throughout the State. http://mema.maryland.gov/Pages/learning.aspx
- FEMA Independent Study. The Emergency Management Institute (EMI) offers on-line, self-paced courses for people with emergency management responsibility, as well as the general public. https://training.fema.gov/is/
- Commonly Required Courses
- IS-100.b Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100 - (10/31/2013)
- IS-120.a An Introduction to Exercises - (1/23/2008)
- IS-200.b ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents - (10/31/2013)
- IS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction - (10/31/2013)
- IS-702.a National Incident Management System (NIMS) Public Information Systems - (10/31/2013)
- IS-703.a NIMS Resource Management - (1/15/2010)
- IS-800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction - (1/20/2017)
- Commonly Required Courses
Be sure to check this page from time to time for updates and new course offerings.
|Date and Time
||Registration and Course Information||Comments
|August 21, 2017 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
||PER304 - Social Media for Natural Disaster Response & Recovery||Participants must have a Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts and be able to post test messages on these accounts.|| Registration
Course Information Sheet
|Office of Emergency Management, 7915 Anchor Street, Landover, MD 20785
For more information on any particular class or other training opportunities, contact us by email at email@example.com.